It finally feels cold enough to start wearing my fall wardrobe. Technically, I didn’t need any new clothes. My closet is is full, even after I donated / sold tons of clothes and accessories. In my defense, I didn’t realize how many clothes I actually have. I pack my out of season clothes away and I definitely had a couple more storage bags than I realized. My weakness is anything cozy. I still could use a pair of booties, but I might be able to do without them.
My style has changed a lot over the last year and these items are more reflective of who I am now. I spaced these purchases out over the last few months (I started fall shopping in July) to make these buys more budget friendly. I also bought almost everything on sale, except for the dress from Ruche.
- The Essential Classic Velvet Slip Dress from Ruche. – $26.00 This doesn’t photograph well, but this dress is so cute in person. It is also very soft and comfortable, requirements for my clothes even when I am leaving the house. I wore this to the Bruno Mars concert at the end of September (more on that soon). It wasn’t too warm while I was inside and kept me cozy while outside. Plus, this dress doesn’t look like it was $26.00.
- Bobeau Velvet Slip Dress from Nordstrom Rack. – $32.97 Yes, I love slip dresses. I think it dates back to being a teenager in the 1990’s. I’m actually wearing this one today. It is as comfortable as sitting around in my pajamas, but way better looking.
- Chelsea28 Tulle Back Sweater from Nordstrom Rack – $34.97 and Marks and Spencer skirt (similar) – $32.00 I purchased these two items separately, but once I saw them together I knew they made the perfect outfit. I imagine wearing this when I need to impress someone. I will wear a camisole under the sweater. I purchased the sweater during the Nordstrom anniversary sale (my favorite sale of the year!) and the skirt at the end of the summer, so I have been waiting awhile for the proper weather in which to wear these.
- Spanx Textured Panel Leggings from Zulily – $39.99 and Lea & Viola Solid Legging (similar) – $24.99 I wear leggings all the time in fall and winter because I don’t like it when my legs are cold. I like these because they add warmth and style at the same time.
- ModCloth Fox Faces Pullover Sweater – $54.99 First, this sweater was on sale when I bought it, so it is worth it to wait around for a coupon. I mentioned before how much I love foxes, so I could not resist this. This sweater does run small. I had to get a replacement that was two sizes larger than my normal size. My normal size looked like it could fit my cat.
- Free People Candyland Pullover from Rue La La – $24.99 – This sweater is so fun and I can layer it over dresses, wear it with jeans, pair it with skirts, etc. It’s not available in this color combo anymore, but I do like the other color option.
- Marks & Spencer Jeans (similar) – $49.95 Unfortunately, these cute jeans are sold out. I don’t wear jeans that often, but I adore these.
- LC Trendz Women’s White Eyelashes & Biting Lip Fitted Tee (similar) from Zulily – $19.76 and I Got Your Back Graphic T-Shirt from ModCloth – $29.99 I have way too many graphic t-shirts, but I always find myself adding to my collection. I purchased the ModCloth t-shirt on sale, so it is worth waiting for a sale again.
- Embroidered This Girl Loves Weekends Sweat Top from Next- $43.00 I love all my purchases, but this is my favorite. This was on sale on Columbus Day, so I paid less for it. I will probably wear this every weekend, as long as the weather allows.