Notice how the laptop is closed.
We’re all busy. Everyone can think of something that they should be doing at that moment. Sometimes, in order to to refresh your body and mind you need to take a break. It doesn’t have to be a long one, but here are some of the signs that a break is in order. I have encountered all of the these, but I am most likely to experience #2 and #3.
- It is taking you way longer than usual to complete a simple task. Sometimes, stepping away is the solution.
- You keep getting snippy/angry whenever someone tries to talk to you (or breathes near you). You may need a break or a snack, which leads to #3.
- You can’t remember when you last ate. Or it’s dinner time and you still haven’t had lunch. Definitely time for a break before the hangries (noun meaning the state of anger brought on by being hungry) make you say or do something you’ll regret.
- You keep circling around tasks/projects then it might be time to take a moment to regroup.
- It’s been too long since you did something you enjoy. Read a chapter of a book. Watch one episode of a television show you enjoy. Do not watch all of the Netflix.
- You just wrapped up a big chore or project. You finally cleaned your closet or reorganized your living room then you’ve earned a moment to put your feet up (possibly literally).
- You’re doing tasks just to keep busy, then there’s probably not a reason to not take a break.
How do you know when it’s time to take a break? Please comment.