I must say this last month or two has been stressful (sick cat, family feud, etc.), so I really needed this self-care Sunday. I read a lot on the internet and most recommendations are too expensive. Not everyone can or wants to spend a bunch of money just to feel a little pampered. I found an excellent substitute while walking through my local Target: the Target Beauty Box for $7. Yes, $7, which is less than most fast food meals cost these days. There were three different options and I chose the “In Your Skin” box because it contained the most products that I could use.
The box included:
- Pixl Rose Tonic – I loved the smell of this. It has a fresh, rosy scent. I used this toner after applying the mask below. Between the two products, I didn’t have to moisturize my face.
- Native Lavender & Rose Deodorant – Okay, here’s my mini rant. Why do so many products lately have coconut in them? Do companies realize some people are allergic to coconut or do they not care because it is trendy? I am allergic to coconut and it gives me a rash. I skipped this one. Didn’t even smell it.
- Method Body Wash Pure Peace – This was my favorite product in the box. One of the scents is peony, which is one of my favorite flowers. I would definitely buy the full size of this one.
- Garnier SkinActive Rose Mist Spray – I didn’t try this one yet. I didn’t need it with the other products I used.
- Garnier SkinActive Rose Water 3-in-1 Moisturizer – This product confused me a bit, not just because it can be a moisturizer or a mask. The description on the packet mentions coconut, but the ingredients do not list coconut. I took a risk and used it as a face mask. It removed a ton of dead skin and left my skin looking soft and glowy. I wouldn’t buy it because I am unsure if there is really coconut in it and I won’t risk having my face look like a diseased lizard from a possible allergic reaction.
Overall, this box was fun to use.. I enjoy trying new beauty products. I would totally buy another one of these boxes and hope for one with zero coconut.
*This is not a sponsored post, just a post about an interesting product.