- Some Like It Hot – This is one of Marilyn Monroe’s funnier movies. Marilyn plays her trademark role as the bubbly blonde. Her presence is so commanding that she somehow is not overshadowed by Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon pretending to be women as they run from the mob.
- Niagara – This is my favorite drama starring Marilyn. Her character’s husband is a jealous and controlling pyscho. Let’s just say that it doesn’t end well for her.
- Gentlemen Prefer Blondes – This movie is worth watching for Marilyn’s chemistry with her co-star Jane Russell (I love the scene where she pretends to be Marilyn’s character.) , who perfectly balances Marilyn’s performance. This also features one of Marilyn’s most famous songs, “Diamonds Are A Girl’s Best Friend.”
- Bus Stop – Marilyn is a plays a performer again in this one (as in Some Like It Hot and Gentlemen Prefer Blondes). A rancher claims he is madly in love with her, even though he doesn’t know her, or even how to pronounce her name.
- How to Marry a Millionaire – Marilyn, Betty Grable and Lauren Bacall are a trio of models looking for rich husbands. None of their stories end as expected and that’s part of the fun of this movie, not to mention the gorgeous clothes.
Published by Dimples
Dimplesandgrins.com is on a joy seeking mission. It is a place of celebration and inspiration. At the same time, I am not afraid to explore the darker, sadder parts of life because life consists of both joyful and sorrowful moments (plus, a lot of other emotions).
Karen Brown is a writer, blogger, poet and editor. She wrote her first short story in second grade and her first poem in fourth grade. She enjoys classic movies, most kinds of music, television shows about real life crimes, photography and cooking. She is a mother to cats and an accidental magnet to any cat that wanders through her neighborhood.
Karen Brown published her first book of poetry in March of 2021. It contains poetry written this year and is available as an e-book or paperback on Amazon. She published her second poetry book in August 2021.
View all posts by Dimples